struts-user mailing list archives

From "Mainguy, Mike" <MMain...@kmart.com>
Subject RE: Action Design Question
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:48:25 GMT
You know, this is an enhancement I've been thinking about.  You could
certainly add it as a parameter in the action mapping.

 <action
	    	   path="/EmpTblDisplay"
               type="ProjectAction"
   		       name="EmpTblFormBean"
    	         scope="request"
 	   	  	   input="EmpTblDisplayTile"
 	     	   validate="false"
  	     	   parameter="Read">
	    	<forward name="display" path="EmpTblDisplayTile"/>
            </action>

And then you're all set... Of course, then you don't really need a dispatch
action, you need to create your own version that reads this parameter
instead of the request parameters.
But I'm wondering if there isn't a better way.

-----Original Message-----
From: Graham Lounder [mailto:graham.lounder@caris.com]
Sent: Friday, September 26, 2003 8:13 AM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Action Design Question

Hey all,

After reading the "[Poll] action mappings" thread, I now have a couple of
design questions.  I've got a lot of actions right  now and I'd like to
group related functionality into one action.  I'm thinking of extending the
DispatchAction and creating functions to
search/view/create/update/delete/load my objects.  I'd like to create
separate action mappings for each function.  My question is, can I
"hardcode" my dispatch parameter in the action mapping or do I have to send
it in ever request from the page?

Thanks in advance,
Graham

Graham Lounder - Java Developer
CARIS Spatial Components Division
graham.lounder@caris.com
Phone:  (506) 458-8533
Fax:    (506) 459-3849

This message and its contents (to include attachments) are the property of Kmart Corporation
(Kmart) and may contain confidential and proprietary information. You are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action
based on information contained herein is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use of information
contained herein may subject you to civil and criminal prosecution and penalties. If you are
not the intended recipient, you should delete this message immediately.