struts-user mailing list archives

From "Paananen, Tero" <Tero.Paana...@GTECH.COM>
Subject RE: Application.properties
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:25:48 GMT
> I have seen the Message-Resources DB application
> (using OJB) by James Mitchell using which we can put
> the properties in a database and retrieve them. But It
> also needs the container to be reloaded when a change
> has been made.

I tested the OBJMessageResources implementation
yesterday with a little bit of help from James.

I used MySQL, JBoss with standalone Tomcat 4.1.x
and the OJBMessageResources.war supplied by James
with the default settings (added the OJBMessageResources
jar and changed the struts-config.xml to use OJB).

There is NO caching in there. All changes to the
message resources stored in the database were
immediately reflected on the JSP pages.

If you're having problems with db changes not
being reflected on the user interface, I suspect
you have a configuration problem with either
the message resources, OJB or the db.

				-TPP

recipient(s). Any review, use, retention, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient),
please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.  Also, email
is susceptible to data corruption, interception, tampering, unauthorized amendment and viruses.
We only send and receive emails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption,
interception, tampering, amendment or viruses or any consequence thereof.