struts-user mailing list archives

From "Kommineni, Sateesh (IndSys)" <sateesh.kommin...@geind.ge.com>
Subject Role of Action Classes when using EJB and Struts
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 14:58:19 GMT
Hi All,

     What role does Action classes play when we are using EJB with Struts ?  As the core Business
Logic is performed by Session Beans which in turn use the Entity Beans for Persistence related
operations.

  So what role does the Action classes play in this scenario . Is it the case that the Action
classes use a Session Facade to invoke the methods on session beans and Session bean will
process the core logic and the Action classes acts as a Business Delegate..

   Is it rare that these Action classes use any Helper classes ?? ( I am not talking about
Service Locators which they use to find out the Session Facades for the Session beans )

   Pls let me know your thoughts..

    Where can i find more info on these..

Thanks a lot..
Sateesh