struts-user mailing list archives

From "Linus Nikander" <li...@nikander.net>
Subject Ensuring a clean Form
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 08:41:34 GMT
How do I ensure that each invocation of a particular action receives a
"clean" form. I.e a form where no values from any previous invocation are
present.

I remember reading somewhere that under certain conditions "old" values from
one invocation could, because struts reuses form instances, be present in a
later invocation.

Is this true or have i misunderstood something ? I also remember reading
something about a reset() method for the ActionForm. Is this the method one
should use to reset all values ? When exactly is the reset() method called
in that case ?

//Linus Nikander linus @nikander.net