struts-user mailing list archives

From "Christian Bollmeyer" <j...@christianbollmeyer.de>
Subject Re: Struts1.1 & Oracle 9iAS
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 18:24:49 GMT
Hi Tim,

lets start with Problem #1. I've set up the following
test page that should basically do the same thing
as the code you gave. This works in both 9.03 and
9.04. Note I've used request attributes for evaluation,
for I didn't know where the variables in the original
code come from. Does it run as expected in your
environment, too?

-- Chris.

One more note: we've had a compatibility problem
some time ago when porting one app from Tomcat
to iAS. In Tomcat, it's possible just to say
getServletContext() as the programmers did,
of course ;-). In iAS, this didn't work, you had
to explicitly specify one of the implicit objects
(e.g. config.getServletContext()). Possibly,
your problem may be somewhere in the same
area, too. Here comes the code:

<%@ taglib uri="/WEB-INF/struts-logic.tld" prefix="logic" %>
<%@ page contentType="text/html" session="false" %>

    <% // something to evaluate
       request.setAttribute("displayMode", "EDIT");
       request.setAttribute("ROLE_TEDT", "true");
       request.setAttribute("ROLE_DFSP", "false");
    %>

    <logic:equal name="displayMode" value="EDIT">

      <logic:equal name="ROLE_TEDT" value="true">
      </logic:equal>

      <logic:equal name="ROLE_DFSP" value="true">
      </logic:equal>

    </logic:equal>