struts-user mailing list archives

From Frederic Dernbach <fredatw...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Struts Validator with Indexed Properties
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 12:53:28 GMT
Vijay,

Thanks for your answer.

I tried what you suggested, with no success. I get an exception saying
that the getter method is not found :

java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: Property 'parameter' has no getter
method
at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.getSimpleProperty(PropertyUtils.java:1180)
at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.getNestedProperty(PropertyUtils.java:772)
at
org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.getProperty(PropertyUtils.java:801)
at
org.apache.commons.validator.Validator.validateField(Validator.java:487)
at org.apache.commons.validator.Validator.validate(Validator.java:582)
at
org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorActionForm.validate(ValidatorActionForm.java:121)
at
com.rubis.web.system.action.SubmitStrategyAction.save(SubmitStrategyAction.java:71)

Here are the getter/setter methods of the form :

private LinkedList parameters;

public LinkedList getParameters() {
	return parameters;
}

public void setParameters(LinkedList parameters) {
	this.parameters = parameters;
}

public ParamInterfaceElementBean getParameter(int index) {
	while( index >= parameters.size() ){
		parameters.add(new ParamInterfaceElementBean());
	}
	return (ParamInterfaceElementBean) parameters.get(index);
}

public void setParameter(int index, ParamInterfaceElementBean parameter)
{
	while ( index >= parameters.size() ){
		parameters.add(new ParamInterfaceElementBean());
	}
	parameters.set(index, parameter);
}

Do you have a clue about what I'm doing wirng ?

Fred