struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re:Struts-chain
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2003 04:07:07 GMT
Quoting BaTien Duong <batien.duong@dbgroups.com>:

> Howdy:
>
> I am trying to get Struts-chain up and running. I follow the instruction
> of struts-chain in the cvs to build from the source:
>
> export ANT_HOME=.../ant-1.6beta2
> export JAVA_HOME=.../j2sdk1.4.2_02
> export TOMCAT_HOME=.../tomcat-5.0.14
>
> The build.properties is copied from the build.properties.sample
>    servlet.home=.../common/lib
>    struts.home=.../jakarta-struts-bin
>    chain.home=.../cvs/jakarta-commons-sandbox/chain
>
> export

PATH=${PATH}:${JAVA_HOME}/bin:${ANT_HOME}/bin:${TOMCAT_HOME}/common/lib/servlet-api.jar:${TOMCAT_HOME}/server/lib/catalina-ant.jar

> execute the following command at the struts-chain directory
> [-]$ ant clean dist
>
> I got the error:
>    /build.xml:54: taskdef class org.apache.catalina.ant.DeployTask could
> not be found
>
> Please feed me the latest instruction to create struts-chain.war

Copy the "catalina-ant.jar" file from your Tomcat install's server/lib directory
 into the "lib" directory of Ant.  This causes the Tomcat integration commands
to be recognized.

> Thanks
> BaTien
> DBGROUPS