struts-user mailing list archives

From Arne Brutschy <mai01...@studserv.uni-leipzig.de>
Subject Strange things happen to my servlet path..
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 13:45:17 GMT
Hello,

I got the following problem:

I used this test setting for my login filter:

  <filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>authenticationFilter</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>/groups.jsp</url-pattern>
  </filter-mapping>

Everything worked as expected. Now, as the filter ist done and tested,
I wanted to protect the whole page. I've tried this by defining

  <filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>authenticationFilter</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
  </filter-mapping>

The problem is, when I do this, the browser cannot find any resource
files (not application resource files) like Stylesheets, Pictures etc.
Additionally, the login seems to work, but the forward to the
requested page does not work.

Has anyone an explation for this strange behavior?

Regards,
Arne