struts-user mailing list archives

From Christian Bollmeyer <j...@christianbollmeyer.de>
Subject Re: why jstl does not work rightly
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2003 20:18:09 GMT
Am Samstag, 1. November 2003 18:46 schrieb javen fang:
> hi, all

Hi. First of all, for me, JSTL works perfectly, in Tomcat 4.1,
Resin 2.1.x and Oracle iAS (several different versions).
So if there is a bug, it must be either in Tomcat 5 or in
your installation.

> <c:out value="${USER.username}" default="username" />
> <bean:write name="USER" property="username"/>
> USER is a user session

The tag syntax itself looks correct to me, but you have to
be more precise. For instance, in technical terms, USER
may well not be a Session, but some attribute (a bean or
something) you store in session scope and want to access
this in the JSP page afterwards. But I don't know how
USER looks like, how and where it's stored and the like.

> <bean:write> can work,and prints myname
> <c:out> can not work, and prints   ${USER.username}

Does it only print exactly this or the full <c:out [..] />
statement again?

> Because of the output  ${USER.username}  , my config
> about JSTL may be right. and now , why it does not
> work rightly ????

Did you already make sure that the other JSTL tags
work correctly and your problem is limited to <c:out>?

> my container is tomcat 5.0

> thanks a lot.
>
> javen

-- Chris.