struts-user mailing list archives

From Hubert Rabago <jakartau...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: session time-out in pop-up windows
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 14:50:01 GMT
Another way might be:
1. user clicks link for pop-up window, window pops-up
and initiates the web request
2. Filter intercepts the request and senses that the
session has timed out
3. Before redirecting, filter recognizes that the
request was sent by a popup, and instead redirects to
a different pop-up page
4. The session-expired pop-up window shows in the
browser with JS code to (a) redirect the parent page
to the login window and (b) close itself.