struts-user mailing list archives

From Hubert Rabago <jakartau...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ForwardAction not picking up Tiles defs?
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 22:29:09 GMT
FYI, got really curious, so I pulled out my test web app, plugged in your
definitions, created /common/layouts/baseLayout.jsp, and everything worked as
expected.  Here's the log:

2003-11-03 16:27:20,637 INFO TilesRequestProcessor.java
tiles.TilesRequestProcessor Tiles definition factory found for request processor
''.
2003-11-03 16:27:20,652 DEBUG TilesRequestProcessor.java
tiles.TilesRequestProcessor processForwardConfig(.baseLayout, true)
2003-11-03 16:27:20,652 DEBUG I18nFactorySet.java xmlDefinition.I18nFactorySet
Can't open file '/WEB-INF/tiles-defs_en_US.xml'
2003-11-03 16:27:20,652 DEBUG I18nFactorySet.java xmlDefinition.I18nFactorySet
Can't open file '/WEB-INF/tiles-defs_en.xml'
2003-11-03 16:27:20,668 DEBUG TilesRequestProcessor.java
tiles.TilesRequestProcessor uri=/common/layouts/baseLayout.jsp doInclude=false
2003-11-03 16:27:20,683 DEBUG TilesRequestProcessor.java
tiles.TilesRequestProcessor   '.baseLayout' - processed as definition

in tiles-defs.xml:
<tiles-definitions>
    <definition name=".baseLayout" path="/common/layouts/baseLayout.jsp"/>
</tiles-definitions>

in struts-config:
        <action path="/tilestest"
            type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
            parameter=".baseLayout"/>
    <plug-in
      className="org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin">
      <set-property
          property="definitions-config"
          value="/WEB-INF/tiles-defs.xml"/>
    </plug-in>

I didn't have a <controller> element.
My test web-app didn't make use of Tiles before, I just plugged it in now.