struts-user mailing list archives

From alvin antony <alvinb...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Strange things happen to my servlet path..
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 15:18:44 GMT
Hi,

It is very easy to explain, as you see he filter all resources including pix etc, and this
normally  result to make a endless loop. I would prefer to limit the filtermapping either
to a 'url format ' like /admin/secure/* or *.jsp and *.do. btw,  if you use any of tomcat
authenticator instead of a Filter , they can catch if  it is request for a resource from a
jsp  and the user session is already authenticated( bcz they save the session for checking).
HTH
Alvin

Arne Brutschy <mai01cvr@studserv.uni-leipzig.de> wrote:
Hello,

I got the following problem:

I used this test setting for my login filter:

authenticationFilter
/groups.jsp

Everything worked as expected. Now, as the filter ist done and tested,
I wanted to protect the whole page. I've tried this by defining

authenticationFilter
/*

The problem is, when I do this, the browser cannot find any resource
files (not application resource files) like Stylesheets, Pictures etc.
Additionally, the login seems to work, but the forward to the
requested page does not work.

Has anyone an explation for this strange behavior?

Regards,
Arne