struts-user mailing list archives

From Shyam A <struts_new...@yahoo.com>
Subject [OT] Handling database connection exceptions
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 22:15:52 GMT
Hi,

I have a Database servlet configured in web.xml, which
intialises a connection pool on Server startup.
However, if the data source is unavailable, I get a
"Null Pointer" exception on my JSPs, which is
propagated from my Data Access class. I'm not able to
redirect the user to the "error" page when this
exception occurs.
Is there any way to gracefully handle this situation
and redirect the user to the standard "error" page
when such an exception occurs?

Any help/pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shyam