struts-user mailing list archives

From "VENKATESH GANGAL" <venkatesh_...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Server side Validation without exclusively submitting the Submit button
Date Sat, 29 Nov 2003 05:38:00 GMT
Hi,

I am having multiple JSP pages and these will appear in only one page after rendering using
CSS.There is a left pane which will look like tabs(basically these are links) and these tabs
act as hyperlinks to view that particular page on the right hand side i.e., for ex when u
click on tab A ,A.JSP will appear hand side .

Now the requirement is , I will have to validate each form ( JSP) on the server side and as
we are using Struts framework, how will I validate these forms when I swicth between tabs.As
everything rests with the controller, can we have a mechanism to validate these forms when
I switch between tabs.

Right now each of these tabs are action classes and they have an associated form classes.

Can anyone please let me know how can go about validating the present form when I try to switch
to switch to other tab???

Thanks in advance...

Cheers...
Venkat