struts-user mailing list archives

From "Tarek M. Nabil" <Tarek.Na...@itworx.com>
Subject RE: JSTL
Date Sun, 30 Nov 2003 13:30:06 GMT
You mean there are no equivalents for the Struts HTML tags in the JSTL?

-----Original Message-----
From: Manish Singla [mailto:Manish.Singla@Sun.COM]
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 8:08 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: JSTL

You may replace most of Logic tags/Bean tags with JSTL.

You may still want to use HTML tags of struts
Your decision may get affected in few cases if you are thinking of
migrating to JSF in future

Tarek M. Nabil wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm getting ready to move from Struts 1.0.2 to Struts 1.1. Since, also, I now guarantee
a J2EE 1.3 container, I'm considering replacing Struts tag libraries with the JSTL. Before
I make this move, I wanted to know whether, from your experiences, the JSTL gives the same
capabilities as the tag libraries provided with Struts, especially that I know that the tag
libs shipped with Struts 1.1 fix a lot of the shortcomings of the tag libs shipped with 1.0.2.
So, is going with the standards worth the move?

> Please advise.
>
> Regards,
> Tarek M. Nabil

Thanks