struts-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From mradhakrish...@cellexchange.com
Subject RE: Struts1.1 & Oracle 9iAS
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 21:27:42 GMT
Hi
   There are atleast 4 projects that we are working on right now using
OC4J and various verions of Struts and we don't have any problem. We have
<logic:equal> all over the place. We are also using tiles.
Mohan

> Sorry for not getting back sooner (got caught up in other things). As
> far as the version, we are using 9.0.3. Here are the two most sticky
> problems we have yet to resolve:
>
> Problem1: The way that the Oracle9iAS jsp compiler translates the
> <logic:equal> tag is a little strange. The following example shows two
> logic equal blocks : one is ROLE_TEDT = "true", another is ROLE_DFSP =
> "true", these two blocks should be mutually exclusive.  But in
> Oracle9iAS, these two blocks are both evaluated as "true", which is
> incorrect.
>
> <logic:equal name = "displayMode" value = "EDIT">
>
>   <logic:equal name = "ROLE_TEDT" value = "true">
>          <td nowrap="yes" align="left" class="content-tab">
>            <a class="tab" href="<bean:write
>            name="AddGroundSaleUrl"/>">Add
> Ground Sale </a>&nbsp;&nbsp;
>         </td>
>        <td nowrap="yes" align="left" class="content-tab">
> <a class="tab" href="<bean:write name="AddAircraftSaleUrl"/>">Add
> Aircraft Sale </a>&nbsp;&nbsp;
>       </td>
>      <td nowrap="yes" align="left" class="content-tab">
> 	 <a class="tab" href="<bean:write name="AddNavyShipSaleUrl"/>">Add
> Navy Ship Sale</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;
>      </td>
> </logic:equal>
>
> <logic:equal name = "ROLE_DFSP" value = "true">
>      <td nowrap="yes" align="left" class="content-tab">
> <a class="tab" href="<bean:write name="AddNonUsGovSaleUrl"/>">Add Ships
> and Non US Government Sale</a>&nbsp;&nbsp;
>      </td>
>     <td nowrap="yes" align="left" class="content-tab">
>    <a class="tab" href="<bean:write name="AddUsGovSaleUrl"/>">Add US
> Government Sale </a>&nbsp;&nbsp;
>    </td>
> </logic:equal>
>
> </logic:equal>
>
> Problem2: The <tiles:> tag does not work. The following code, using my
> <tiles:> tag, results in a "500 Internal Server Error" from
> org.apache.struts.taglib.InsertTag.processName(InsertTag.java: 527).
>
>    <title><tiles:get name='title'/></title>
>
>   <tiles:get name="GlobalNavigation" flush='true' />
>
>   <tiles:get name="SubNavigation" flush='true' />
>
>   <tiles:get name="TitleImage" flush='true' />
>
>   <tiles:get name="Body" flush='true' />
>
>
>
>
> If I change the <tiles:> tag to struts1.0 <template:> tag, everything
> works fine.
>
>              <title><template:get name='title'/></title>
>
> 	<template:get name="GlobalNavigation" flush='true' />
>
> 	<template:get name="SubNavigation" flush='true' />
>
> 	<template:get name="TitleImage" flush='true' />
>
> 	<template:get name="Body" flush='true' />
>
>
>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Karr, David [mailto:David.Karr@wamu.net]
>> Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 11:32 AM
>> To: Struts Users Mailing List
>> Subject: RE: Struts1.1 & Oracle 9iAS
>>
>>
>> > -----Original Message-----
>> > From: Tim Clotworthy [mailto:tclotworthy@bka-inc.com]
>> >
>> > I am saddled with having to re-implement a struts-based
>> architecture
>> > designed to run on a Tomcat web container, to an Oracle
>> 9iAS Release2
>> > (Tomcat is out, end-of-discussion). Unfortunately, 9iAS support
>> > Struts1.0 framework, but does not seem to support the various
>> > Struts1.1 capabilities
>> > that our system already leverages, which include:
>> >
>> > 1) the RequestProcessor (specifically using ProcessRoles extension)
>> > 2) Tiles
>> > 3) LookupDispatchAction class
>> > 4) some other things..
>> >
>> > If anyone else may be in a similarly unfortunate position,
>> > and can share any
>> > insights on how they either:
>> >
>> > 1) figured out how to get 9iAS Release2 to work with Struts1.1,
>> >
>> > Or else:
>> >
>> > 2) can share any insights on how they got around similar
>> > problems, it would
>> > be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
>>
>> First of all, what release of 9iAS are you using (9.0.2, 9.0.3, etc.)?
>>
>> When you say it doesn't "support" those features, what
>> exactly do you mean?  Are you getting particular error messages?
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: struts-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org For
>> additional commands, e-mail: struts-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>>




---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: struts-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: struts-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message