struts-user mailing list archives

From Rick Reumann <strut...@reumann.net>
Subject Re: How do I disable struts logging?
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2003 17:04:32 GMT
Jeremy Nix wrote:

> I'm looking for exact instructions on how to turn off struts logging.
> Can somebody help me out?  I've tried log4j.properties with no avail.

How did you try to turn it off in log4j.properties? Since I usually
end up with a log4j.properties file anyway here's what I have been
doing:

At the top of your log4j.properties make sure you set up the 'root'
logging to something like 'error.' This will turn off all the
annoying logging validation info messages you get from validator
etc. I then set my top level package to something like debug for use
in my development and have that print to a RollingFileAppender.
Example...

log4j.rootCategory=ERROR, stdout
log4j.logger.topPackageName=DEBUG, rolling

Let me know how it works for you, or if you try something else, I'd
be interested in knowing what you did. Thanks.

--
Rick