struts-user mailing list archives

From Rajat Pandit <raj...@centergroupinc.com>
Subject Re: Paging
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 16:17:17 GMT
hello rick,
i am also using the beta version, undoubtly it works great(wonderful
work matt!!!) but even now the problem with the export is that in case
its someone under one of the tiles. there is no way to set the
content-type once the page has been loaded and hence the xml/cvs/excel
export in stuffed someone in the html code for the rest of the page.
i had one workaround for this, using a jsp with only the same display
tag. and since its an export the page isnt (visibly) loaded and i get
the save as dialog box.
in case u had a similar problem, and u came up with a better solution do
let me know
thanks.

David Friedman wrote:

> Rick,
>
> I started using the 1.0 beta 2 this weekend and it's full of impressive
> changes including fixed exports so it works with page breaks (previously, it
> only exported what was on the screen). About your copying of objects, the
> docs say that copying will happen if you let the tags sort the objects
> instead of using in the natural order it was saved into scope (request,
> session, application). However, it shouldn't be that bad since it is lists
> and iterators and will should only be address references for the copy into a
> new list/Iterator it sorts with, I think.  To be sure, ask on their user
> list:
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/index.php?hunt=displaytag
>

> Regards,
> David