struts-user mailing list archives

From "Ruth, Brice" <br...@fiskars.com>
Subject ForwardAction not picking up Tiles defs?
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 19:58:21 GMT
I'm following the instructions provided here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/building_view.html (section
3.4.3) for incorporating tiles definitions in struts-config.xml, and
when the ActionServlet receives a request for an action who's parameter
is a tile definition name (such as .baseLayout), I get the following
exception:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Path .baseLayout does not start with a
"/" character

My action is defined like so:

        <action
            path="/US/tilestest"
            type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
            parameter=".baseLayout"/>

And I've defined the plug-in for the Tiles requestor.

  <plug-in
    className="org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin">
    <set-property
        property="definitions-config"
        value="/WEB-INF/tiles-defs.xml"/>
  </plug-in>

My tiles-defs.xml has one simple entry:

    <definition name=".baseLayout" path="/common/layouts/baseLayout.jsp"/>

within the <tiles-definitions> node.

Any ideas? Thanks!

--
Brice D. Ruth