struts-user mailing list archives

From Maurice Wijtten <maurice.wijt...@iie.nl>
Subject LookupDispatchAction using wrong ResourceBundle language
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 12:43:26 GMT
I have a very strange Exception, originating in the
LookupDispatchAction. Imagine the
following scenario in a multi-language app:  A client browser has a
English (United-Kingdom)
language as first preference,  Dutch (nl) as second, and English
(United-states) as third.
When the client establishes a session, the session locale is set to   en
GB. Nothing strange
about that, except the fact that this language has no asociated
ResourceBundle. When
my forms are displayed, they the Dutch language, because that is as
second preference supported.
However, when a form is submitted, an NullpointerException is raised. It
seems to me that
that  LookupDispatchAction looks only in the resource bundle of the
first prefered lanuage, but
does not check if that ResourceBundle does exist. Is there any simple
solution to this, except
the fact asking all my clients to adjust their language preferences to
my supported languages...

Regards, Maurice Wijtten