struts-user mailing list archives

From chinmay.r.par...@accenture.com
Subject RE: session time-out in pop-up windows
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 15:09:36 GMT
Hubert

Thanks for this.

But how would filter recognise that the request was sent by a popup?  As
I understand, the process is like:
- pop-up window opens
- Page would read global forward url from the struts config file (the
page to display)
- It will check filter:  if "filter pass" is true display url page else
display error page.

So I am not sure, how Step 3 and then 4 could be implemented.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hubert Rabago [mailto:jakartauser@yahoo.com]
Sent: 03 November 2003 14:50
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: session time-out in pop-up windows

Another way might be:
1. user clicks link for pop-up window, window pops-up
and initiates the web request
2. Filter intercepts the request and senses that the
session has timed out
3. Before redirecting, filter recognizes that the
request was sent by a popup, and instead redirects to
a different pop-up page
4. The session-expired pop-up window shows in the
browser with JS code to (a) redirect the parent page
to the login window and (b) close itself.