struts-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: Strange things happen to my servlet path..
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 15:08:26 GMT
> From: Arne Brutschy [mailto:mai01cvr@studserv.uni-leipzig.de]
> The conclusion is, that something is wrong with filter. I'm not sure,
> but using <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern> as pattern protects the
> resources as well, doesn't it? So using such a generic pattern is not
> possible for me, as the login page should have some colors.. :)

You could put code in your Filter to detect the sort of thing being
requested.  If the URL ends in .jpg or .css then just return
immediately.

> Is there a possibility to define an exclude list? A pattern of
> <url-pattern>/*.jps</url-pattern> didn't seem to work.

No exclusions that I'm aware of-- it's not a regular expression, either.
Is that at typo, did you mean *.jsp?  And what's the leading slash for?
With that slash, I think /*.jps is exactly the same as /*, it stops
parsing when it gets that far.

I protect all *.do requests with this:
   <filter-mapping>
      <filter-name>maintenanceFilter</filter-name>
      <url-pattern>*.do</url-pattern>
   </filter-mapping>

HTH,

--