struts-user mailing list archives

From "Rabago, Hubert" <hubert.rab...@nwa.com>
Subject RE: session time-out in pop-up windows
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 15:31:12 GMT
You'd have to find a way to identify the popup.  It could be because of
the requested resource ("myPopup" or any page with "popup") or a special
request parameter which will only be sent by a request for a popup
window ("href='/mycontext/myinfodisplay.do?myActualParam=1&isPopup").
Either way, the filter will have to be notified somehow that "Hey, this
particular request here is a popup!"
When it does, then you can redirect the popup to a different page which
does nothing but send the parent to a different url and close itself.

-----Original Message-----
From: chinmay.r.parikh@accenture.com
[mailto:chinmay.r.parikh@accenture.com]
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 9:10 AM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: session time-out in pop-up windows

Hubert

Thanks for this.

But how would filter recognise that the request was sent by a popup?  As
I understand, the process is like:
- pop-up window opens
- Page would read global forward url from the struts config file (the
page to display)
- It will check filter:  if "filter pass" is true display url page else
display error page.

So I am not sure, how Step 3 and then 4 could be implemented.