struts-user mailing list archives

From "David Friedman" <hum...@ix.netcom.com>
Subject RE: org.apache.struts.legacy.GenericDataSource
Date Sat, 29 Nov 2003 18:57:55 GMT
Rajit,

I don't use the Struts DataSource because I had to much trouble with it a
few months ago.  However, the commons DBCP expains all parameters here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/configuration.html

You should be able to set any of them in your struts-config.xml data-source
entry with this syntax:

<set-property
      property="minIdle"
      value="XXX" />

I checked my testing and production environments and I forgot I've switched
away from DBCP to C3P0 (it comes with Hibernate).  However, I'd recommend
the options (listed in the above mentioned web page):

validationQuery set to "select 1+1" works in MySQL and returns 1 row
testWhileIdle set to "true"
timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis set to "1800000" (1000 miliseconds * 60
seconds * 30 minutes)
testOnBorrow set to "true"
minIdle set to "2" (or higher)

Regards,