struts-user mailing list archives

From "David Friedman" <hum...@ix.netcom.com>
Subject RE: how to retrieve property values from previous forms/jsp pages
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 22:18:46 GMT
Kam,

The string you hand to "getAttribute(STRING)" is the 'name="hotel"' as you
specified in the form-bean configuration section.  You use the same thing
for removeAttribute.  Just be sure to use the right scope: request, session,
or application.

Regards,
David

-----Original Message-----
From: Kam Lung Leung [mailto:kleung@wlwa.com]
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 4:20 PM
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: how to retrieve property values from previous forms/jsp
pages

Thank again David,

> HotelBean hotel = (HotelBean) request.getSession().getAttribute("hotel");

Is the string "hotel" the name of the form that was declared in the
struts-config.xml?

 <form-beans>
    <!-- CreateUserAccountForm form bean -->
    <form-bean  name="hotel" type="com.wlwa.Forms.HotelSecondForm"/>
  </form-beans>

Many Thanks,
Kam Lung Leung

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/servletapi/javax/servlet/htt
> p/HttpSession.html
>
> You can also set the cookie to last longer (see the interval set/get
> functions) so sessions last longer than 30 minutes (Tomcat a default, I
> think).
>
> Regards,
> David

Kam Lung Leung