struts-user mailing list archives

From "David Friedman" <hum...@ix.netcom.com>
Subject RE: ForwardAction not picking up Tiles defs?
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 20:48:29 GMT
You can turn off debugging by setting the
type to "none".  I recommend you set it
instead to "info" so you can follow any
standard tiles messages while you work on
it.

Regards,
David

-----Original Message-----
From: Hubert Rabago [mailto:jakartauser@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 3:20 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: ForwardAction not picking up Tiles defs?

If you're using Log4j, turn on debug for org.apache.struts.tiles.
If not, well, try using commons-logging's simplelog.  I've used these lines
before:
System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.defaultlog","trace"
);
System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.showdatetime","true
");
These'll have to be set before Tiles initializes.  I'm sure there are other
ways.
Maybe others have better ideas for turning on commons-logging?
(There was a thread last week asking how to turn logging off.  Maybe he
knows how
to turn it on now.)

--- "Ruth, Brice" <bruth@fiskars.com> wrote:
> How do I go about turning on debug for Tiles?
>
> Hubert Rabago wrote:
>
> >I got this yesterday.  It means Tiles didn't intercept your forward
request
> >because 1) Tiles wasn't called or 2) Tiles didn't recognize your tile.
> >If you turn debug on for Tiles (org.apache.struts.tiles), it'll dump the
tiles
> >it'll recognize when you app starts up.  Make sure yours is listed.
> >
> >I'm using a tile with a ForwardAction now, so I know it works.
> >Hope you find it.
> >
> >--- "Ruth, Brice" <bruth@fiskars.com> wrote:
> >

> >>I'm following the instructions provided here:
> >>http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/userGuide/building_view.html (section
> >>3.4.3) for incorporating tiles definitions in struts-config.xml, and
> >>when the ActionServlet receives a request for an action who's parameter
> >>is a tile definition name (such as .baseLayout), I get the following
> >>exception:
> >>
> >>javax.servlet.ServletException: Path .baseLayout does not start with a
> >>"/" character
> >>
> >>My action is defined like so:
> >>
> >>        <action
> >>            path="/US/tilestest"
> >>            type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
> >>            parameter=".baseLayout"/>
> >>
> >>And I've defined the plug-in for the Tiles requestor.
> >>
> >>  <plug-in
> >>    className="org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesPlugin">
> >>    <set-property
> >>        property="definitions-config"
> >>        value="/WEB-INF/tiles-defs.xml"/>
> >>  </plug-in>