struts-user mailing list archives

From "David Friedman" <hum...@ix.netcom.com>
Subject RE: ForwardAction not picking up Tiles defs?
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 22:10:49 GMT
Tiles work with starting dots.  I use it that way myself.  I think I picked
up that suggestion from Ted's book "Struts In Action".

What is the exact URL you are using?  Do regular non-tiles actions work for
your webapp?
Regards,
David

-----Original Message-----
From: Mikael Eriksson - Swedish Connection [mailto:mikael@connection.se]
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 4:29 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: ForwardAction not picking up Tiles defs?

One thing to try might be to use tile names that does not start with a dot.
I have done things that look pretty similar but the tilenames was things
like
output.page1.  The parsing might get confused or by the starting '.'
My actions look like:

     <action path="/tiles_page1_in"
            type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
            parameter="output.page1" />

Regards

At 15:26 2003-11-03 -0600, you wrote:
>I'm ripping my hair out here, guys ... what's going on with my config?! I
>can't see anything wrong in the debug output, yet Struts still is balking
>at actions that use the ForwardAction class and don't have a parameter
>that starts with a '/' ...
>
>Please, please help!! (currently in begging mode, bribing is next :))
>
>Ruth, Brice wrote:
>
>>OK, I have simplelog set to debug and I don't see any errors - it seems
>>to parse my tiles-def.xml just fine, from what I can see.
>>
>>?!?
>>
>>Hubert Rabago wrote:
>>
>>>I got this yesterday.  It means Tiles didn't intercept your forward
request
>>>because 1) Tiles wasn't called or 2) Tiles didn't recognize your tile.
>>>If you turn debug on for Tiles (org.apache.struts.tiles), it'll dump the
>>>tiles
>>>it'll recognize when you app starts up.  Make sure yours is listed.
>>>
>>>I'm using a tile with a ForwardAction now, so I know it works.  Hope you
>>>find it.

path="/common/layouts/baseLayout.jsp"/>