struts-user mailing list archives

From "David Friedman" <hum...@ix.netcom.com>
Subject RE: ForwardAction not picking up Tiles defs?
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 22:23:24 GMT
You can enable tiles debugging output to see information like the below.  It
came from my tiles "tiles-defs.xml" definition named ".success.Page".  I
setup a forward for that action so the mapping "success" goes to
".success.Page", which pulls up "/success.jsp" for me.  It works fine on
Struts 1.1 with the dot notation.  I believe I used it on 1.0 (when I was
learning) with the dot notation as well.

[INFO] TilesRequestProcessor - -Tiles definition factory found for request
processor ''.
[DEBUG] TilesRequestProcessor - -processForwardConfig(.success.Page, false)
[DEBUG] TilesRequestProcessor - -uri=/success.jsp doInclude=false
[INFO] PropertyMessageResources - -Initializing,
config='org.apache.struts.taglib.html.LocalStrings', returnNull=true
[INFO] PropertyMessageResources - -Initializing,
config='org.apache.struts.util.LocalStrings', returnNull=true
[DEBUG] TilesRequestProcessor - -  '.success.Page' - processed as definition

I turned this on by setting up two files related to commons-logging.

1) /WEB-INF/classes/simplelog.properties with the contents:
org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.log.org.apache.struts.tiles.TilesReques
tProcessor=trace

2) /WEB-INF/classes/commons-logging.properties with the contents:
org.apache.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SimpleLog
org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.defaultlog=info
org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.showlogname=true
org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.showdatetime=true

Try turning it on for yourself and see how far it goes with the forwards and
if it even goes to the tiles definition.  It could be something as simple as
a plain typing error.  I've had items one letter off that I kept missing.

Regards,
David