struts-user mailing list archives

From Vic Cekvenich <cekvenich_...@baseBeans.com>
Subject Re: Wanted API to handle user roles
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 16:16:28 GMT
You can use J2EE container security to autheticate the user and for some
high level security.
For low level and complex security, once the user is identified, you can
extend it.
I use JDBC relms with a self join and row level security.
So a user in a certian level of a tree can see for example all content
from Texas. But same user can't see all the rows from NYC. And since it
is stored in a SQL tree... no problem nesting, etc.

It would take too long to exaplin all the design details, but it should
nudge you in the right direction.

--
Victor Cekvenich,
Struts Instructor

Advanced Struts Training
<http://basebeans.com/do/cmsPg?content=TRAINING> Server Side Java
training with Rich UI, mentoring, designs, samples and project recovery
in North East.
Simple best practice basic Portal, a Struts CMS, Membership, Forums,
Shopping and Credit processing, <http://basicportal.com> software, ready
to develop/customize; requires a db to run.