struts-user mailing list archives

From Chris Searle <ch...@empolis.no>
Subject Migration of a servlet that uses pathinfo to struts
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 10:30:16 GMT

We have a old servlet that is used to expose a set of directories
(with various checks for access etc).

This is based on the use of request.getPathInfo() and the servlet has
a servlet mapping of /files/*

  http://server/app/files/path/to/file

returns a path info of /files/path/to/file

Now - the app is being migrated to the struts framework - and I'm not
sure how best to approach this.

I have tried creating a struts action with a path="files/*" and this
is working for:

  http://server/app/do/files/filename.ext

Pathinfo read from the request in the action execute method contains
/files/filename.ext

However

  http://server/app/do/files/path/filename.ext

returns a 500 error and

2003-11-17 10:57:59,447 ERROR [org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor]
 Invalid path /files/path/ was requested

in the log.

I know that I can switch over to using a request parameter but I'd
like to avoid that if possible.

Is this possible?

I did try some searching in the archives - but I guess I'm not good at
phrasing the search string - so - any links to a previous answer would
also be great.

Many thanks.

--
Chris Searle