struts-user mailing list archives

From "Larry Meadors" <Larry.Mead...@plumcreek.com>
Subject Re: Different session handling between websphere and tomcat
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:45:54 GMT
If you do not require the collection after the page is rendered, you could put it into request
scope. This is what I do to populate listboxes, tables, etc..

That way they don't hang around any longer than they need to - they get used to render tha
page, then get discarded. If you are using a DAO layer with caching (like iBATIS), the performance
is great.

Larry

>>> cschlaefcke@wms-network.de 11/18/03 7:49 AM >>>

I didnĀ“t find a workaround for this problem yet! What is the recommended way of passing an
object (not necessarily a bean, in my case a collection) from an action class to a jsp? Is
this a configuration or an programming issue?