struts-user mailing list archives

From "Marco Mistroni" <mmistr...@waersystems.com>
Subject RE: validation and DynaActionForm
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 16:22:21 GMT
Hi Mark,
	Thanx.. but this

<A href="/myaction.do?methodToCall=foo">..</a>

is exactly what I am doing..

I am assuming that If validator is trying to validate all the
Parameters I have no other choice than redirect straight to the
Jsp...........

Thanx anyway and regards
	marco

On 17 Dec 2003, at 16:10, Marco Mistroni wrote:

> Hi all,
> 	I am experiencing problems with DynaActionForm..
> I have a DynaActionForm that contains 13 properties and
> A DispatchAction used calling different methods depending
> On the value of one parameter (named methodToCall).
>
> Now, when I enter the page for the first time the only request
> Parameter is 'methodToCall' since when I enter the page I need to
> Remove some values that were with session scope.
>
> The problem is that when I enter page for the first time I receive
> Following exception:
>
> 2/03 16:04:21:963 GMT] 51272c9d WebGroup      E SRVE0026E: [Servlet
> Error]-[action]: java.lang.NullPointerException
> 	at org.apache.commons.validator.Validator.validate(Unknown
> Source)
> 	at

org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorForm.validate(DynaValidatorFor
> .java:303)
> 	at

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processValidate(RequestProces
> or.java:893)
> 	at

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java
> :
> 247)
> 	at

org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1292)