struts-user mailing list archives

From "Marco Mistroni" <mmistr...@waersystems.com>
Subject RE: validation and DynaActionForm / concrete question
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:29:55 GMT
Hi Wendy,
	Only a little problem.. I haven't written any class for my
DynaActionForm. Instead, I declare all the properties in the
struts-config.xml

Struts does all the rest....

But, anyway, can u give more details on ur solution to my problem?

Regards
	marco

-----Original Message-----
From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:Wendy.Smoak@asu.edu]
Sent: 17 December 2003 17:06
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: RE: validation and DynaActionForm / concrete question

> well i think the problem your having is because you're using
> a dispatch action
> so the form is mapped to the action and its set to validate. You can
> either separte yu dispatch actions into standard actions or
> hack it by having a single action that calls your dispatch action much
like you
> were suggesting doing with jsp.

What about LookupDispatchAction?  It uses a request parameter to figure
out which method to call.  I use it with hidden form fields and a bit of
JavaScript.

In Marco's case, overriding the validate method might work.  Only call
super.validate() if all of the parameters are present.

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.