struts-user mailing list archives

From "Marco Mistroni" <mmistr...@waersystems.com>
Subject RE: validation and DynaActionForm / concrete question
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 16:35:46 GMT
Hi all,
	After struggling with my application, I have
One question to ask.
I have a DispatchAction class that handles my logic, and
A DynaActionForm associated with it.
The problem is that the jsp from which the request comes can
Contain either 1, 2 parameters (out of 13 of DynaActionForm) or
13/13 parameters, since the page presents different information
depending
on which task I have to perform (either a search or an update or
delete).
Now, I keep on getting ValidationException when I have only 2 parameters
In my DynaActionForm I have 9 Strings, 2 BigDecimal, 1 Short and 1
Timestamp.

Am I receiving the exception (listed below) because Struts is trying to
validate all the input parameters? If that is true, is It worth to use
DynaActionForm when I don't have all the parameters supplied from jsp?

Or, how do I have to proceed?

Anyone has any suggestions?

Thanx and regards
	Marco