struts-user mailing list archives

From "Claire Wall" <claire.w...@kurtosys.com>
Subject datasources and oracle 9i
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 18:20:43 GMT
hi,

i am using Oracle 9i as my datasource and have declared it in my struts-config as follows:

    <data-source key="DB" type="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleConnectionPoolDataSource">
       <set-property property="autoCommit" value="false"/>
    <set-property property="description" value="DB_Connection_Pool"/>
    <set-property property="driverClass" value="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"/>

    <set-property property="maxCount" value="5"/>
    <set-property property="minCount" value="1"/>
    <set-property property="password" value="password"/>
    <set-property property="url" value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@ip-of-server:1521:ORACLE1"/>
    <set-property property="user" value="user"/>

    </data-source>

however, when i come to use this datasource in my struts actions, it gives me the following
error:

Invalid Oracle URL specified: OracleDataSource.makeURL

im accessing the datasource in my actions like so (i use the same thing with an SQLServer
datasource and it works fine):

DataSource dataSource = (DataSource)servlet.getServletContext().getAttribute("DB");

also, i have my oracle driver jar in the commons folder in tomcat - could this be the cause

Any help would be much appreciated!
claire