struts-user mailing list archives

From Raphaël di Cicco <raphael.dici...@atosorigin.com>
Subject annoying JSP runtime exception message
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2003 14:26:57 GMT
Hi,
I'm working with struts 1.1, Tiles and Tomcat.

on my JSP pages where I did something wrong I often get this exception message :

[ServletException in:/foo.jsp] Define tag cannot set a null value'

or simply :
[ServletException in:/foo.jsp] null

Looking at the source of the HTML page don't give me more information, neither the tomcat
logs. I used to have a detailed message explaining me where the define was wrong but now I
have to carefully cut and paste parts of my JSP page to find out where the error is.

Is there any way to tell Tomcat to also output JSP exceptions to a log file ? Or is is a struts
problem ?

Any ideas are welcomed !
Raphaël di Cicco