struts-user mailing list archives

From "Julien Martin" <julien-mar...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Struts internal error
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 19:06:54 GMT
Thank you Jonathan,
I figured this out myself but I don't know how to sort it out...  Can you
help?
Julien.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Fullam, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Fullam@RIAG.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 7:58 PM
Subject: RE: Struts internal error

> You can get the root cause of an internal exception by looking about half
> way down the stack trace.  In your case it is:
>
> root cause
>
> java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access class
> org.apache.commons.beanutils.MappedPropertyDescriptor$1 from class
> org.apache.commons.beanutils.MappedPropertyDescriptor
>
> -Jonathan

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.access$000(ApplicationFilter
> Chain.java:98)
> at

org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain$1.run(ApplicationFilterChain
> .java:176)
> at

> ain.java:172)
> at

> va:256)
> at

> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
> at

> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> at

> va:191)
> at

> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
> at

> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2416)
> at

> )
> at

> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
> at

> java:171)
> at

> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
> at

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172
> )
> at

> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
> at

> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> at

> :174)
> at

> eNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
> at

> at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
> at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
> at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:601)
> at

> ction(Http11Protocol.java:392)
> at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:565)
> at

> a:619)
>
> root cause
>
> java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access class
> org.apache.commons.beanutils.MappedPropertyDescriptor$1 from class
> org.apache.commons.beanutils.MappedPropertyDescriptor
> at

org.apache.commons.beanutils.MappedPropertyDescriptor.getPublicDeclaredMetho
> ds(MappedPropertyDescriptor.java:383)
> at

org.apache.commons.beanutils.MappedPropertyDescriptor.internalFindMethod(Map
> pedPropertyDescriptor.java:453)
> at

org.apache.commons.beanutils.MappedPropertyDescriptor.findMethod(MappedPrope
> rtyDescriptor.java:527)
> at

org.apache.commons.beanutils.MappedPropertyDescriptor.(MappedPropertyDescrip
> tor.java:149)
> at

org.apache.commons.beanutils.PropertyUtils.getPropertyDescriptor(PropertyUti
> ls.java:907)
> at org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtils.setProperty(BeanUtils.java:934)
> at org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanUtils.populate(BeanUtils.java:808)
> at org.apache.struts.util.RequestUtils.populate(RequestUtils.java:1096)
> at

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processPopulate(RequestProcessor.j
> ava:816)
> at

org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:254)