struts-user mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Boolean checkbox in session form
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2003 22:12:58 GMT
Quoting Tim Lucia <timlucia@yahoo.com>:

> Care to share?  This would be a very, very useful extension.
>
> Is there any plan(s) for future Struts release(s) to support some
> attribute of this sort?  Something like "forceFalse='true'" or
> "forceValue='true'".
>
> Tim

Guillermo is trying work too hard.

The standard approach to dealing with boolean form bean properties (presented by
a checkbox) is to set the boolean property to false in the reset method of your
form bean, which is called every time the form is submitted.  If the user
checked the box, then the property will be set to true in processPopulate().

Now, if you want to reset the property again before forwarding back to the same
page again (so that it's always rendered as unchecked when the page is
displayed), just have your Action set the boolean property to false.  That is
what controls how the checkbox is rendered -- in EXACTLY the same way that an
Action can preconfigure any other form field by setting the corresponding form
bean property before fowarding to the page.

Craig McClanahan