struts-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Muench" <Steve.Mue...@oracle.com>
Subject RE: struts and JDeveloper 9.03
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2003 19:53:16 GMT
JDeveloper 9.0.3 ships with Struts 1.1 Beta 2

JDeveloper 9.0.4 and JDeveloper 10g ship with Struts 1.1 Final

This article explains the steps of running a Struts-based demo (like our BC4J/Struts Toy Store
Demo) under 9.0.3 using Struts 1.1
Final. It should contain the steps that you need to run your application with Struts 1.1 Final
if you don't want to yet move up to
JDeveloper 9.0.4.

http://radio.weblogs.com/0118231/stories/2003/07/07/configuringTheBc4jToyStoreApplicationToUseTheStruts11FinalRelease.html

Steve Muench - Technical Evangelist, Product Mgr, Developer, Author - Oracle
http://radio.weblogs.com/0118231/

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Schilling [mailto:pschilli@tcfbank.com]
Sent: Monday, December 29, 2003 08:46
To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: struts and JDeveloper 9.03

Kalra, Ashwani wrote:
> hi,
> I am working with Jdeveloper and Struts 1.1 When I try to run any page
> ,  its not able to find the core action class.
> struts.jar is lying in lib dir
>
> Error is
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/struts/action/Action
> java.lang.Class java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(java.lang.String, byte[],
> int, int, java.security.ProtectionDomain) 		native code
>
> Thanks
> Ashwani Kalra
> http://www.geocities.com/ashwani_kalra

> confidential and is the property of the Cap Gemini Ernst & Young
> Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If
> you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorised to read,
> print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or
> any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify
> the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.

Hello,

JDeveloper 9.0.3 puts it's own version of struts.jar in the lib directory, which is older
than Struts 1.1.  This causes the error
when you try to run the pages.  Try making an empty jar file, setting it to read only, and
replace the struts.jar in the lib
directory with it.
This will prevent JDeveloper from overwriting it with it's version again.

This is a kind of annoying hack, and if anyone has a better suggestion, I wouldn't mind hearing
about it.

Hope this helps,

Patrick