struts-user mailing list archives

From BaTien Duong <batien.du...@dbgroups.com>
Subject Re: Flash Flex w/ Struts article
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:42:27 GMT
Vic Cekvenich wrote:

> http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/flex/articles/struts.html
>
> Is this for real? YES!
>
> Point of Struts is MVC, so some people do JSP, Velocity... other do
> Hibrenate or iBatis... one thing remains.
> (note how they did not support Spring, or WebWork or XYZ).
>
> Flex is XML like, used to be Royale ( and my guess the product that
> resulted when MacroMedia rummored to break of from JSF).

Yes. This is what I am looking at Struts 2 of request/response framework
(struts-chain): in the article example of registration service, we will
probably have something like this:

Registration request -> RequestProcessor -> RegistrationService ->
RegistrationAction  -> blah blah blah -> ResponseProcessor -> Selected
Presentation engine -> user response

RegistrationService can use RegistrationForm, Validation, etc. There can
be different presentation engines: JSP, JSF, Xform, WML. etc.

This makes open sources very interesting place to work.

BaTien
DBGROUPS