struts-user mailing list archives

From Ted Husted <hus...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OT] I didn't know Struts was an "antipattern"
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 21:30:40 GMT
Gus Heck wrote:
> Interesting, I'm not sure I agree, but the patch that he complains about
> not being added sounds useful...

A lot of people have requested a history stack, and have also
implemented it in their own applications. But I think we need to solve
it in the larger context of a general solution to workflow issues.

Meanwhile, the post the author cited does *not* prove this point. In
fact, it proves just the opposite.

The developer said that he *was able* to extend the framework and was
simply offering the extension to the community. This is the same way the
Validator and Tiles started.

The author was offering it as an example of Struts being inflexible when
in fact is an example of Struts being flexible enough that people can
extend it without our help :)

-Ted.