struts-user mailing list archives

From Mark Lowe <mark.l...@talk21.com>
Subject Re: <bean:write> not writing?
Date Sat, 27 Dec 2003 18:27:15 GMT
You could try something like this.

public class Cart extends ActionForm {

	private String subTotal;
	private ArrayList items;

	public BigDecimal getSubTotal() {

		for(int i = 0;i < items.size();i++) {
			CartItem item = (CartItem) items.get(i);
			BigDecimal price = item.getPrice();
			subTotal.add(price);
		}
		return subTotal;
	}

	public ArrayList getItems() {
		return items;
	}

	public void setItems(ArrayList items) {
		this.items = items;
	}

	public void setItem(CartItem item) {
		this.items.add(item);
	}

	public CartItem getItem(int i) {
		CartItem item = (CartItem)  items.get(i);
		return item;
	}

}
//
public class CartItem {
	private BigDecimal price;

	public BigDecimal getPrice() {
		return price;
	}

	public void setPrice(BigDecimal price) {
		this.price = price;
	}
}

Will also work with Double and even BigDecimal although BigDecimal can
cause issues with BeanUtils, but string always works.  Just means
messing around doing the math and setting the value.

Cheers Mark