struts-user mailing list archives

From Mark Lowe <mark.l...@talk21.com>
Subject Re: Newbie: java.lang.boolean and DynaActionForm?
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 15:33:59 GMT
No one's suggesting that anyone hangs them selves or that struts isn't
good. But the fact that this list sees a high influx of newbies,
getting battered with high-brow design concepts which while are very
interesting have a certain chocolate fire guard quality to them .

Easiest thing is to make all the form properties strings, or like has
been suggested, non primitives. It was certainly the case a few months
ago that to use dynaaction forms then it was just less bother to use
strings.

Sure nesting model objects in action forms does take the piss a bit,
but its nothing that cant be sorted when clients/non tech bosses have
stopped wetting themselves about image swaps..

Cheers Mark