struts-user mailing list archives

From Mark Lowe <mark.l...@talk21.com>
Subject Re: tiles, conditional choice of
Date Sat, 27 Dec 2003 23:21:52 GMT

You could over load on the insert

<tiles:insert attribute="example.page">
	<tiles:put name="body" value="<%= body %>" />
</titles:insert>

or do it a specialized action. There are plenty of options although I
have trouble thinking of many scenarios where having 1000 different
definitions would be required.

In such a case having an action that mediated in the tile selection i
guess could be one means of doing what i think you're saying.

In the above case for example you could have your action add a request
attribute called body or even have an action that extends TileAction
and mess with whatever you like.