struts-user mailing list archives

From Nick Faiz <nick.f...@ce.com.au>
Subject RE: WebLogic 7.2 classpath issues when loading the ActionServlet
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2003 05:21:33 GMT
I thought I'd reply to my own post - in case anyone else runs into this
problem.

It was in my build.xml, running on Windows. I ended up having to unzip my
.war and use a jar command manually to reassemble it. See the excerpt below
from the Ant manual:

The content of WEB-INF/web.xml is identical to src/metadata/myapp.xml. We
regulary receive bug reports that this task is creating the WEB-INF
directory, and thus it is our fault your webapp doesn't work. The cause of
these complaints lies in WinZip, which turns an all upper-case directory
into an all lower case one in a fit of helpfulness. Please check that jar
xvf yourwebapp.war shows the same behaviour before filing another report.

I don't know a workaround for a Windows build yet.

Nick

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Faiz [mailto:nick.faiz@ce.com.au]
Sent: Monday, 29 December 2003 2:42 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: WebLogic 7.2 classpath issues when loading the ActionServlet

Hi,
	I'm hitting a classpath issue with WebLogic 7.2 when deploying a
Struts 1.1 application.

	My web app deploys without error when I use an unpacked version.
When I use a .war, which I need to use, the deployment routine cannot
resolve the various taglibs and finally reports an error when trying to load
the ActionServlet during start up.

	The WebLogic support forums show a lot of similar issues but none
precisely matching what I'm seeing. Have any WebLogic 7.2 users seen
something along these lines?

Regards,
Nick Faiz
B2B Developer