struts-user mailing list archives

From "Patrick Cheng" <patrick.ch...@hq.oneport.com>
Subject Modules with Tiles Problem
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 02:11:53 GMT
Hi All,

I have a question on Tiles when using Modules(multiple
struts-config.xml's). As far as I know, switching between modules
requires more than providing different URLs. Either we use
ContextRelative forwards or using the struts Swiching Action class. But
in the situation of tiles, if the layout includes two jsp pages and they
are from different modules, say, the top part is a generic search
function, used everywhere for every module, what can I do about this?

Here's my situation.
2 struts configs : struts-config.xml, struts-module1-config.xml
Struts-config.xml has an action called 'layout'. Struts-module1-config
has an action called 'ViewMultiSelect'. So when I go:
http://localhost:7001/RootContext/module1/ViewMultiSelect.do
I got my ViewMultiSelect working, but in the tile 'layout', I got:

[ServletException in:/layout/Header.jsp] Cannot retrieve mapping for
action /Layout'

My understanding is, when the current module is in Module1, struts won't
care anything in struts-config.xml, therefore it doesn't know about a
Layout action. How can I get it to work?

Thanks a lot.

Rgds.
Patrick.