struts-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: validation and DynaActionForm / concrete question
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:06:09 GMT
> well i think the problem your having is because you're using
> a dispatch action
> so the form is mapped to the action and its set to validate. You can
> either separte yu dispatch actions into standard actions or
> hack it by having a single action that calls your dispatch action much
like you
> were suggesting doing with jsp.

What about LookupDispatchAction?  It uses a request parameter to figure
out which method to call.  I use it with hidden form fields and a bit of
JavaScript.

In Marco's case, overriding the validate method might work.  Only call
super.validate() if all of the parameters are present.

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.