struts-user mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <Wendy.Sm...@asu.edu>
Subject RE: validation and DynaActionForm / concrete question
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:44:30 GMT
Marco wrote:
> 	Only a little problem.. I haven't written any class for my
> DynaActionForm. Instead, I declare all the properties in the
> struts-config.xml

That does not preclude you from writing a class-- "Dyna" forms just get
you out of writing a bunch of get/set methods.  You can still override
'validate' and 'reset' if you need to.  I use DynaValidatorForm, and
have a Java class for all but the most trivial forms.  In struts-config,
use your class name as the 'type' in the <form-bean> tag.

--
Wendy Smoak
Application Systems Analyst, Sr.