struts-user mailing list archives

From "Bradford M. Ayers" <bay...@gsmr.org>
Subject problem with adding ActionMessage to ActionErrors
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 20:36:51 GMT
I noticed in the documentation that ActionError is deprecated, so I was trying to be a good
doobie and use ActionMessage like the docs say to.  So in my code, when I go from this:
errors.add( ActionErrors.GLOBAL_ERROR, new ActionMessage( "error.password.mismatch" ));
to this:
errors.add( ActionErrors.GLOBAL_ERROR, new ActionError( "error.password.mismatch" ));
when my page tries to resolve     <html:errors/> I get:
java.lang.ClassCastException
	at org.apache.struts.taglib.html.ErrorsTag.doStartTag(ErrorsTag.java:215)...

Has anyone seen this?  I'm using JBoss 3.2.2 (which uses Tomcat 4.1).

Brad Ayers
Senior Programmer Analyst
Granite State Management and Resources
bayers@gsmr.org
603-225-5867 ext. 308
603-224-2581  Fax number

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the