struts-user mailing list archives

From "Mainguy, Mike" <MMain...@kmart.com>
Subject RE: Checkboxes with session-scoped DynaActionForms
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 21:55:03 GMT
I think there is a common misconception that if you use DynaActionForms you
don't need to write an ActionForm AT ALL.  While this is true, you may also
subclass the DynaForm and provide a similar level of functionality as a
normal form.

Kmart Tech News
news://uskihsvtfinsys

The essence of knowledge is, having it, to apply it; not having it, to
confess your ignorance.

-----Original Message-----
From: Sgarlata Matt [mailto:sgarlata_matt@bah.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 4:47 PM
To: Struts Users Mailing List
Subject: Re: Checkboxes with session-scoped DynaActionForms

Wendy & Barrett - Thanks for your help!  Both of your answers helped me fix
the problem I was having with checkboxes and session-scoped DynaActionForms.

Wendy - I feel like the reset method of the DynaActionForm should be able to
automatically take care of checkboxes, perhaps with a little extra help like
specifying clearOnReset="true" or isCheckbox="true" in the <set-property>
element for the property, but oh well... I'm not going to push it on the dev
list.

Matt